Apple Spice Cake
|October 15, 2014||Posted by rawbe under Recipes||
- 2 cups infinite buckwheat batter (infinite buckwheat batter recipe)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups shredded apple (about 6 medium apples)
- 1/3 cup maple of syrup
- 1 Tb fresh ginger grated (or 1/2 tsp of ginger powder)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened & unsulphured)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins (or chopped dried apricots)
- 1 Tb cinnamon
- 1 tsp stevia leaf powder (or 3-5 drops of liquid stevia)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Mix all dry ingredients in food processor (exclude dried fruit) and grind using “S” blade until coconut and sunflower are finely ground. Empty food processor contents into a mixing bowl and mix in dried fruit.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Core and shred apples with food processor shredder blade (or by hand).
- Melt coconut oil in sauce pan.
- Mix all wet ingredients.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients.
- Grease 11×7 baking dish (or 9×9) with coconut oil (or sunflower oil) and sprinkle with shredded coconut (or sesame seeds). Scoop batter into pan and use a spatula to level out.
- Bake at 350f for 40 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and serve with ultimate icing (see below). This cake is best served fresh.
Serves: 10 – 12
This recipe will make extra which can be stored in fridge for up to 3 weeks. Making less quantity is difficult unless you are using a mini food processor. It is a very versatile recipe and can also be made with added berries or cocoa powder.
- 2 cups chopped dried pitted dates
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon or vanilla extract
1. Soak dates in warm water for at least 2 hours , drain and reserve soak water.
2. Melt coconut oil (being careful to not overheat).
3. Add all contents in food processor with 1/4 cup of date soak water (and more if needed).
4. Blend for at least 2 minutes, occasionally scraping down sides.
5. Once creamy, spread icing onto cooled cake or serve on the side. The dates contain pectin and will congeal after some time and the coconut. oil will also help it set as it cools to room temperature.